MACS -Facelift (Rhytidectomy) Minimal Access Cranial Suspension - Lift
THE PREOPERATIVE FEATURES
* Focusing on drooping, loose, sagging or older looking face.
* Loose hanging skin especially in the jowls and neck and along the jawline.
* Double chin, turkey neck, wrinkles and crepiness,
* Excess fatty accumulation in the cheeks, jowls, and neck.
* Prominent, deep laugh lines, nasolabial and marionett grooves.
* Sunken cheek pads.
* Hollow under eye area with a deepening of the tear trough.
* Deepening of the nasolabial folds due to downward progression of cheeks and skin.
* Loss of the high cheekboned look of youth.
* Desire for a more youthful look, with clearer definition of facial features.
* Local anesthesia with sedation can be used and the procedure takes about three hours.
* A thin incision that extends from within the hairline above the ear, continuing in front and inside the ear only until the earlobe root, in the crease,.
* Excess skin is removed and the face is lifted and tightened.
* Surgery on the SMAS ligament and platysma muscle which are also lifted via important extra internal support that makes the result last longer.
* Excess fat removed in the neck region by liposuction.
* A dressing is in place only for one day.
* You can go home after several hours, no hospital stay.
* You can shower on the day after surgery.
* Minimal pain is mostly gone by the third day and easily controlled by medications.
* Swelling which is mild to moderate and peaks at two days then disappears rapidly over the next three weeks.
* Minimal bruising which peeks at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to fourteen days.
* Able to apply make-up in four days and comfortably appear in public at that time.
* Resume light activities within the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
* Stitches are removed at seventh day.
* Able to return to work in seven to ten days.
* Very natural, rested, younger appearance , inconspicuous,short scar.
* Beautiful and graceful, not a "wind-tunnel" look with stable, long duration rejuvenation.
* Natural and presentable appearance in ten days that just gets better over the next six to nine months.
The MACS-Lift is rapidly gaining popularity among patients and surgeons. It is a full facelift that can be performed with local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. The operation can be completed in three hours, and most patients return to normal activity within two weeks. Its minimal duration makes it both safe and practical for use in conjunction with resurfacing and other facial cosmetic procedures. This remarkably effective technique is minimal in every way, resulting in a shorter scar, reduced morbidity, and few complications .